Why Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps is the best choice for your business solutions
7/19/2019 1:06:18 AM
Moving your business to the cloud is best step that every business owner should take this time, the world of technology is moving so fast, and each business that does not integrate with this technology will drop out from the world of business, as a business owner, manager or what ever nowadays you have to be closer to your customer as much as you can, follow you business step by step, get statistics and reports about each single event happens in your company in the real time, weather you are at home, office or in other place.
Making a secure, inelegant and easy to access cloud solution now is that hard, but the problem there are thousands of IT companies and individual software developers to implement your solution, there are many operating systems available on the market in addition to the web platform that is available everywhere, anytime.
There are variety of programming languages, frameworks and other technologies to help you get your solution implemented, but the question is what is the best, what is the most suitable sort of application for your business, employees and customers?
What is the best client sort of application for your software business solution?
When making a deal with a one of the software companies or even an individual developer to start implementing a cloud solution for your business, many factors will play a role in this process:
Or the company like Mac OS so the client will be a Mac OS application, this if you a business owner give this company or developer the choice and you do not know what is the most suitable for your business.
- The cost and estimated time to get the project done, dealing with mix of programming languages and frameworks pushes the company to hire more developers and teams to work on your project, which will increase the cost and time required for your project.
And there are many other things to mention, but these were the most important factors that let you think and got confused about what is the best solution.
From my own point of view, I always support building solutions with Microsoft technologies such as Azure, .NET.
As an end user what happens at the back-end is not very important for you, especially if you do not have any idea about programming and software development, the most important think, is a secure, easy to access, and well-designed application, by dealing with companies or individual developers that are using Microsoft technologies,your software will be delivered quickest than building it with something else, because all the tools, frameworks and languages are from the same environment, and each piece of code can be shared with the back-end in addition to many sort of client applications, this will help to reduce the cost and the estimated time to get the job done.
Talking about the client part of the solution which is the most important part from the end-user perspective, Universal Windows Platform (known as UWP) applications is the best type of apps in my opinion and depending on my experience and this is for many reasons:
- Easy to use UI and well-designed controls, that simplifies the process of dealing the application weather it is doing a huge or tiny tasks.
- The availablity of the app on huge range of devices (Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Phones, IOTs, Mixed Reality devices, XBox...), which in turn helps you to deal with the app nativley on many device families that all runs Windows 10, gives you unique experience on all that devices.
- More secure comparing with the web and other sort of apps, because of the security technologes that are available in Windows 10 that are extra layers of secuirty such as Microsoft Passport, Windows Hello...
- UWP apps runs natively on all Windows 10 devices, which gives you the ability to take advantage of the 2 in 1 devices such as Microsoft Surface Pro, so you can use the application weather you are in your office, or working outside, as well as dealing with the software more physiaclly using the pen and touch which gives you amazing experience while using the application.
- UWP apps are working on Microsoft Hololens headsets or any other Windows Mixed reality headset, that provides a totally new experience to work on your application and interact with it in a more physical way by adding the application to your room (Put the sales page on the wall to see what happens in real time for example).
- UWP are better than making an iPad client which almost gives the same functionality of Surface Pro, but iPad cannot be used as a laptop and making the app available on Mac devices, needs to make a new client for Mac OS which does not give you the same experience on iPad, so you need two clients, two different user experiences.
- UWP are better than web based applications, because using native apps can give you more features such as notifications, better UI, faster.
UWP apps UI
User-Interface is a very important aspect in the software, when a having a smooth, well-designed UI, do not let the user feel boring while using the app especally for a long period, and Microsoft announced the Fluent Design system for UWP applications, these apps become more interactive and nice to use, because it combines the physical materials within the software, such as adding lights, depth, motion, Acrylic and other features which made using Windows 10 apps more enjoyable and comfortable experience than any other sort of apps
Mobility of UWP apps
Because of the huge range Windows 10 devices, using UWP apps is more interesting and provides more ways to deal with app and technology in general within your business.
For example using UWP client on Microsoft Surface Pro gives you the ability to work while you are in the office, or even while you are doing some stuff far from your desk.
Interacting with the app using the pen provides more compfortable way to use advanced techonoly for long time everyday, which increases the productivity as well.
Architecture of Windows apps
Building UWP apps with .NET helps the developers or software companies to create other clients more easily regarding to the huge amount of shared code, for example building another client for the application that runs on Android, and iOS will be very easy and can be implemented in short time, because the architecture of UWP apps, helps to share more than 70% of the code with these platforms.
I have built many solutions using .NET technologies to implement cloud software solutions for different business sizes, after this experience, I found Windows 10 clients are the best choice for the mentioned reasons, low cost, short estimated time, nice and compfortable user experience and user interface.
To get more information about UWP app: https://www.windowscentral.com/what-makes-uwp
Leave your comment
Tell me what do you think about this blog
Share your ideas in the comment section